Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Webinar Experience


It was wonderful to have a couple of friends join the live webinar and ask some questions pertaining to what I have poured my soul into for the past 7 weeks. Getting to present was fun, but I loved getting to field questions behind the scenes. There were so many ideas flowing around and I really think that this webinar will have a positive influence on people's perception of digital culture and how it relates to literature. Now that is all finished, I sigh and wish we could keep going. My research has been tied to so many other individuals in the class and it will be hard to see them go as this term ends.

I was intrigued by some of Jeff's questions about whether digital scholarship is something good or bad. I was able to say that researching people rather than texts has opened by world up to a new level of information that will greatly influence by writing in the future. It has been an awesome experience. One person who joined the webinar was my former high school band director. He sent me a link to a blog that greatly influenced some of my thoughts about control in the digital world and how it related to Orwell's novel. Getting to have him hear my thoughts made me really appreciate our emphasis on social proof during the course. It is sad that the sun is setting on this course, but the good thing is that we will continually be connected through digital media.


No comments:

Post a Comment