Saturday, April 28, 2012

Water, Water Everywhere...

"Drip, drop, drip, drop" is the incessant sound that haunts my dreams. My body is exhausted and chilled laying in my bed, wondering, "Why?!" The last part of my day was spent in my flooded basement trying to salvage what I could of the books that were left on the floor of my office. The tedious job of drying each water-logged page with a hairdryer sent my mind to our class. The printed page could not stand up to Mother Nature's strange jokes of allowing water to fill our home. On the other hand, the words that I've been writing on this blog remain untouched. The digital world is allowing for the inked words we write to remain eternal and unharmed by the disasters of the world. Books can be burned and computers may die, but the Web allows for our words to remain. Authors have sought immortality through their ideas and words and now every person on earth can have their own immortality through blogging and social media. No matter if floods come, fires burn, or tornadoes dismantle, our words can always stand unchanged while books and papers are reduced to pulp, ash, or pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment